Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Subway Confession!

According to the Green Eggs Will Blog for food, Subway's meat is a mystery! A Subway employee posted the following on the blog concerning the truth about Subway's meat:

"I am a Subway employee, the smell comes from the fresh baked bread. That is the only good thing I can say about it. Where the food comes from is absolutely a mystery. I've been doing research for weeks, trying to trace back the meat especially.....nothing.

If you don't have a problem eating processed meat and pesticide cove
red vegetables (they aren't washed very well), then Subway is the place for you. As an employee though, I would suggest not eating there."







Once I read this, it shocked me on one hand, but on the other I feel like this is how all fast food restaurants operate now. It is getting harder and harder to trust the food you consume! Maybe moving to a farm like the Kingsolvers (Animal, Vegetable, Miracle) is the only option.

5 comments:

  1. Even the "healthy" places can't be trusted..it really is a shame

    -Mason Mariney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diddo, Mason... When this gets out it's gonna be as viral as "Friday". ;) People have put SO much trust in Subway, and now to find out that they're just as sketchy as the rest... sad.

    Taylor Halbig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooooo! Mr. Bill will not be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post Bean :)... except I had Subway for lunch.. YIKES
    -Taylor Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I always thought Subway was one of the healthier places to go. I guess I was wrong...No more Subway for me :(
    -Jennifer Rochefort

    ReplyDelete